We want you to love your purchase of Routleys products, but if you have changed your mind you can exchange most unused or unwanted items whether purchased instore or online from Routleys, as long as you have your receipt or proof of purchase. You can also return items to any Routleys store or via post (postage fees apply).
Our policy including the change of mind limits do not exclude or replace your rights under Consumer Guarantees of the Australian Consumer Law, regulations or otherwise as required by law.
Change of mind
If you have changed your mind, we may offer you an exchange provided that the exchange
- is made within 30 days of purchase; and
- you are able to provide satisfactory proof of purchase (see below); and
- the merchandise is in saleable condition, that is it is unworn or unused with all original sealed packaging or tags attached and where the product seal is not broken or tampered; and
- the item is not subject to the exclusions listed below
- our team members will assess the item to determine whether a refund will be offered in accordance with our Returns Policy. Please note that delivery and gift wrapping costs are non-refundable for change of mind returns.
Excluded change of mind items
Please choose carefully when purchasing merchandise designated as a clearance item (either marked as clearance or reduced to clear) as change of mind returns will not be accepted for clearance items. Returns will not be provided on the following types of merchandise unless the product fails to meet a consumer guarantee
- Custom made, monogrammed, personalised, and altered products
- Bedding accessories (quilts, pillows, mattress protection items, etc)
- Personal care products (electric toothbrushes, shavers, etc)
- Items that have a tag that accompanies the product that states no change of mind
- Gift Cards or vouchers, iTunes music cards and third party gift and recharge cards
- Any merchandise where the GST has been claimed under the Tourist Refund Scheme, unless proof of repayment of the GST upon return to Australia is provided
Sales to individuals who Routleys believes to be resellers or bulk purchasers are final sales, and the change of mind policy does not apply. If you are unable to provide satisfactory Proof of Purchase, we are unable to provide you with a change of mind return.
We recognise that the option to return an unwanted item is important to our customers. To ensure a positive shopping experience for all customers and to prevent fraud, abuse and misuse of this policy, Routleys may refuse to accept items returned for Change of Mind if we identify an unreasonable or excessive return pattern and may also restrict or refuse future transactions from such individuals.
Proof of purchase
Refunds or repair requests must be accompanied by any one of the following proof of purchase documents for change of mind: * Original register receipt tax invoice (electronic or photograph will be accepted) * Online Tax Invoice (order confirmations will not be accepted) * Packing slip included in all online purchases and click & collect * Original return/exchange receipt/gift receipt
Please note that our team members are not responsible for proving your purchase. You must supply the proof of purchase, which our team members can validate.
If you are making a gift voucher purchase we are happy to provide a gift voucher receipt, just let our Team Member know you require one. Any returns made using a gift voucher receipt will be refunded on a new gift voucher based on the original purchase value.
As a consumer, you are entitled to certain guarantees in respect of goods and services purchased from Routleys. These guarantees are called Consumer Guarantees and are not impacted by the change of mind policy or limited by a defined timeframe. The Australian Consumer Law, however does recognise that the relevant time period may vary by product (or service) depending on the nature of the goods (or service), the price paid and any representations made about the goods (or service).
Where you believe an item is faulty or defective, it is necessary for us to send your goods to the manufacturer or their service agent for it to be assessed within a reasonable period of time. If the goods or service has a major failure, you may reject the goods or service and seek a refund, exchange or repair or you may keep the item and seek compensation for any drop in value. If the failure is minor, we will repair the item (or, at our discretion, we may replace the item or refund you) within a reasonable time. Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair goods.
Where an item is damaged through misuse, neglect or abnormal use, Routleys will not provide a refund, exchange or repair. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Our services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. For major failures with the service, you are entitled:
- to cancel your service contract with us; and
- to a refund for the unused portion, or to compensation for its reduced value
- You are also entitled to be compensated for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage
If the failure does not amount to a major failure, you are entitled to have problems with the service rectified in a reasonable time and, if this is not done, to cancel your contract and obtain a refund for the unused portion of the contract. Routleys will require satisfactory proof of purchase before providing a remedy under the Australian Consumer Law.
Refunds for all purchases will be given using your original payment method (online purchases will automatically be refunded to the account used to pay) except in the following circumstances:
- where a credit or debit card was used to make the purchase, the cardholder and the same card used for the purchase must also be presented and used for the refund, otherwise a Routleys Gift Voucher will be provided
- If the purchase was made by Gift Voucher or a Gift Receipt is presented a Routleys Gift Voucher will be issued (unless otherwise required by law)
- If the purchase was made using a mobile payment or digital wallet service such as Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Google Pay etc, the refund will be processed back to the mobile or digital wallet
Where a Routleys Gift Voucher, albeit Routleys, was used to purchase goods or services, at the time of the refund a Routleys Gift Voucher will be issued. Please note the expiry date of the Routleys Gift Voucher, as a replacement or refund will not be provided, unless required by law.
Routleys Gift Vouchers cannot be exchanged for a different brand, denomination or type of gift card or for another tender or discount.
Gift or bonus with purchase offers and bundled items
Where merchandise is purchased with a gift or bonus offer, the gift or bonus must also be returned (unless otherwise stated). If you are unable to return the gift or bonus or it is not in a saleable condition, the value of any available refund will be reduced by the value of the gift or bonus (in full or in part)
In the instance of bundle offers, all items within the bundle must also be returned or the value of the unreturned items will be deducted from any available refund.
Bonus gift voucher with purchase
Where a bonus gift voucher is issued at the time of purchase, the bonus gift voucher must also be returned with the merchandise to qualify for a full exchange or refund. Where the bonus gift voucher has been fully or partially redeemed, the amount redeemed will be deducted from any available refund.
Routleys is committed to protecting your privacy. You may be asked to present and record photo identification so that we can record your name, identification type, identification number and expiry date and verify your signature. Acceptable identification must also include your full name with a future expiry date. For example, Australian Driver’s Licence or Passport. Please note, when returning merchandise totalling $1,000 or more and requesting a Tax Adjustment Note, your name, address and ABN (if applicable) will be required. Information collected will be securely stored for a reasonable period of time. It may be used for fraud protection activities and for the purpose of Routleys research and analysis. It may be disclosed to state and territory departments upon request, as required by law. If you wish to access your information held by Routleys in relation to returns, please contact the Routleys Customer Service Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org